Media Library (library facilities)
The reception desk offers the following services.
- Lending of materials (Books, magazines, DVDs, etc.)
- Reference services
* Students can consult and inquire about the search, procurement, and browsing of materials, as well as the use of libraries at other universities.
People who are eligible to use the library facilities
- Faculty members
- DHU students (including credited auditors)
- Staff members of Digital Hollywod
- Other people who are allowed by the director of the media library
Open and reception hours
|Weekdays||Saturdays||Sundays and national holidays|
|Reception hours||10:30 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.||10:30 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.||Closed|
|Open hours||10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.||10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.||Closed|
- * The media library will be closed during the New Year's holiday, other holidays, entrance exam dates, and other University closure dates.
- * If the reception hours and open hours change during the closure of university breaks, students will be notified separately.
Use of materials
Access to books
Students can freely read books when the media library is open. When taking the books outside of the media library, be sure to follow the procedure for borrowing and returning the borrowed materials.
- * CD-ROMs attached on a book can be borrowed at the reception desk.
- * The materials labeled “for reference only” are available only in the library. Please do not take them outside the facility.
Access to magazines
Students can freely read magazines during the open hours. Students can borrow back issues but not the latest issues.
When taking out magazines outside of the media library, be sure to follow the procedure for borrowing and return.
- * CD-ROMs attached on a magazine can be borrowed at the reception desk.
Access to newspapers
Students can freely read the newspapers during open hours. Be sure to return to the original location promptly after use. Come to the reception desk if you would like to read the back issues that are not on the open bookshelves.
Use of DVDs
Students must follow the borrowing and return process prior to use. For copyright protection, students must only watch DVDs within the media library and on Surugadai campus on the third floor. The DVDs can be watched on an individually owned DVD-supported PC and headphones. It is prohibited to screen in the classrooms in accordance with the following law.